Quite simply, 2013 rocked. For us, it will forever mark the year we started to ARTaREVOLUTION and shake up the sleepy art world with an iPad and some originality.
It’s been a radical, awesome year of breakthroughs, innovation, and most importantly, art. We started out chalking the streets of San Francisco and ended up featured in a handful of Apple App Store collections. If we’ve learned one thing, it’s that art can take you anywhere you want to go.
As the year comes to a close, we want to party like it’s 2013 one last time. Here’s a look back at what we’ve accomplished thanks to a lot of passion and a fantastic group of artists and supporters.
1. The Core Four all relocated to San Francisco to attack ARTtwo50 full-time and put art on your wall.
Co-founders Brandon Flayler, Ethan Appleby, Patrick Coughlin, and Win Raguini pictured above.
2. Some San Francisco-based Artist Ambassadors hit the pavement to chalk it up.
3. We talked to our artists and captured it on video. Then we kept talking to them and let the hands behind the art drive our iPad app.
4. ARTtwo50 tracked down a few helping hands (interns) and affectionally dubbed them the “Summer Saviors”…even when they hacked the blog.
5. We hit the pre-launch grind, clocking long hours, running on caffeine, and using artist inspiration to keep us going.
6. LAUNCH! On a lovely Wednesday afternoon in sunny San Francisco, we popped a bottle of champagne and celebrated ARTtwo50’s entrance into the App Store…and then we got back to work! Now you can visualize original art on in your space before you buy.
7. The App and our Artists saw their name in print next to some favorable reviews and stellar commentary.
8. The first sale! Stars aligned and our first artist-buyer connection was made. A fine art major and recent college grad, artist Gina Sciannameo sold her painting Lagoon of Stars to Trisha Derr, a mathematician with the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Lagoon of Stars by Gina Sciannameo
9. Apple put us at the top of a list of New and Noteworthy Apps.
10. To Pinterest! No iPad, no Problem. After some helpful user feedback, we decided to give you more art at your fingertips all the time, and we took to Pinterest to form an online marketplace.
11. Then, we threw a little originality behind gift giving and created ARTtwo50 giftcards. Wedding, housewarming, Christmas, Birthday…we’ve got you covered with a unique and memorable present.
12. And to round out the year, Apple calls us one their Great Free Apps!
WOO, what a year. And now with only hours left in 2013, the revolution is in full swing. We could not be more thrilled with the past twelve months, and we’re ready and rearing to kick of the next dozen.
Join us in taking on what we expect to be a whirlwind of a 2014, and keep up with us at every step. Share your art, your design dilemma, or just say hi via Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest,
Here’s to an artful 2014.
Happy New Year!
The ARTtwo50 Team